We are very excited to announce that Pead PR, are keen to bring a paid intern into their team for the 3 month period.
The Blind Foundation has engaged Pead PR to develop and implement the Access Alliance’s PR and Media Strategy to support the Access Alliance to build the conversation around Accessibility Legislation.
The objectives of this internship are to:
- ensure that disabled people are included in the next phase of work
- that an individual with a disability/ies looking to get into Public Relations has the opportunity to gain experience with one of New Zealand’s top PR companies
The individual would be employed by Pead PR, for the equivalent of a day per week. The level of payment would be based on the individual’s skills and experience. The indicative period would be Feb to April 2019. Pead PR is looking for an individual with lived experience of disability and with a pan-disability mindset. Pead PR will decide on the appointment of the successful candidate. Please do promote this exciting opportunity to your members and through your networks.
- Contacting case study leads to garner appropriate information and ascertain their willingness to be interviewed.
- Contacting journalists to garner appropriate information and ascertain their interest in covering the topic.
- Basic reporting
- Updating Work in progress documents
- Providing guidance on how to conduct accessible meetings and create accessible documents
- Interest in learning about the PR/Communications sector
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work at an intense pace
Please encourage people you know with disabilities who may be interested in this opportunity to email their CV directly to Louisa Kraitzick at firstname.lastname@example.org
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 5PM ON THURSDAY 31 JANUARY 2019.